25 Jan 2019
How to be a foodie in Mauritius?
The highlight of your day out shopping is the part when you get to sit and eat? Lying on a beach in Mauritius is great and all, but you’re always thinking: where is my food!? You like, sorry, LOVE food so much you hear food, you breathe food, you see food, see seafood, see all food…?
You’re a foodie – food is your muse and eating your way of expressing your passion.
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, a foodie is “a person who loves food and is very interested in different types of food…”. According to the (imaginary) Taste Buddies Dictionary, a foodie is “a person who does not believe in “having too much on your plate”, literally.
Welcome to the Food Club!
- The first rule of Food Club is: You ALWAYS talk about Food Club!
- The second rule of Food Club is: You ALWAYS talk about Food Club!
- The third rule of Food Club is: Go on a food tour! In Mauritius, there’s no better experience than a Mauritian food tour. Throw a dash of history, a sprinkle of culture and a bunch of friendly Mauritians, and you have yourself the perfect combo!
- The fourth rule of Food Club is: Bring your family and friends along! As any true foodie, food is your family and food is your friend. But bringing your real human family or your real human friends is the cherry on top! Discovering a new country, culture, people, food with your loved ones is so special.
- The fifth rule of Food Club is: Savour the moment! Satisfy your craving (and your curiosity), let your taste buds do the work, and just enjoy the Maurilicious moment!
Now that the rules are out the way and that you have gathered all foodies and buddies…
Join the club! Embark on an authentic culinary discovery of Mauritius!